Saturday, December 1, 2018

Plans For the Future


Wow! It is December 1. Where has the time gone? 

December is a good time to get a game plan going for the coming year. Where do I see myself? What would I like to do? What is important to me? What do I want to accomplish? How am I going to keep myself motivated?

I am lousy at writing goals and sticking to them. I am well-intentioned, but lose momentum when hurtles pop-up and I just do not get back on track again. In recent years, I have gone to monthly goals instead of yearly goals. With monthly goals, you can reassess how it is going and redirect yourself much easier. 

In 2019, my main objectives would be to work on improving my health and to tackle the daunting task of the organization of the house. I have been following Living Well Spending Less and have purchased their fancy planner to see if I can become more organized with my time in 2019.

The planner is beautiful! It has sections to help me plan out my long-term, monthly, and weekly goals. I am excited to start using it in the new year. 

For the month of January, I plan to start the Elimination Diet for round two. I haven't felt as healthy as I was before I was diagnosed with cancer and I want to get back to that place. This week marked the one-year anniversary of my mastectomy. I definitely have not eaten as healthy as I was before the journey started. Easy, quick, and fast were the goals of food prep for months and months. I am ready to retrain my body to eat healthy again. I also want to pinpoint if I have any additional food intolerances that I may have missed during the first round.

Organizing the house is my other main objective. I am going to have to sit down and create a year-long plan that can be broken into monthly, weekly, and daily goals to crush the task at hand. This is an extremely overwhelming process. I feel like the clutter grows, has babies, and spreads at an alarming rate. I need to get the whole family on board for this project. It is difficult to make headway when you are the only one attempting to tame the clutter. So I will have to create goals for myself, but also discover ways to encourage the kiddos to clean-up after themselves and to help out with household chores.

Have you started to think ahead to 2019? What do you plan to do? It seems like the "in" thing to do at the beginning of the year is choosing a word for the upcoming year. I think determination will be my word for 2019. Have you chosen a word yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hope in the Word "Will"

Wow! 2020 is definitely not what I would have imagined. We lost another family member in January, which is why I took another hiatus from...