Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Slow Down


Life is in constant motion. We rush around to do this and that. We say yes when maybe, we should say no. We fill up our schedules. We have grand plans and lofty goals. We run ourselves ragged.

Do you take some time to kick back and relax? Do you ever just slow down? Do you put yourself first from time to time? It does not hurt to have time to recharge yourself. A recharge could be as simple as taking 5 minutes to sit out in nature without any responsibilities and sip a warm beverage. A recharge could be as fancy as planning time to hang out with your friends. A recharge helps to reduce stress levels and gives you a more positive outlook on life.

Moms in general have a difficult time with putting themselves first. From time to time, I ditch the kiddos with hubby and escape to Target. Sometimes, I tell myself to look for one thing that I can buy just for me. Famous last words! I usually find things we need for the house, for the kiddos, or for hubby. It is really difficult to shop for myself. Although, the difficulty could be due to me being allergic to a lot of things and being super tall. I just cannot catch a break. Hahaha!

My recharge time is mainly kicking back with my Kindle and reading e-books. I love to read paper books, but finding free books online is a lot more feasible lately. I should head to the library more. Unfortunately, the kid section is on a different floor than the adult section; it can be a challenge to get the kiddos to visit the area that I wish to go. I mean, who can compete with wooden building blocks and trains. These magical objects still hold an allure for 9 and 11 year olds. Parenthood is so much fun!

I am as guilt as anyone about not taking time for myself. I have grand plans of scheduling time with friends or getting outside to capture some nature photography. But life gets in the way and it just does not happen. I need to do a better job of scheduling time for myself. I need to call my friends and make plans. I need to pack my camera up and take pictures on my lunch break. 

As you go through the week, do not forget to schedule yourself some recharge "me" time. It might just be the pick-me up that you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hope in the Word "Will"

Wow! 2020 is definitely not what I would have imagined. We lost another family member in January, which is why I took another hiatus from...